Tuesday, September 16, 2008

hi blog friends

Meet my blog friends from the links on the left. In no particular order :)
.
This is my friend Katie. I knew her new husband's family well but I didn't know her until she asked us to come down to Florida with them to photograph their wedding on New Years Eve. Her husband Jonny & her are going to have a baby in March and she blogs (not often enough ;) about being a newlywed and now...a momma :) She is my buddy :) This is my crazy friend Ashley. Like Katie above, I didn't know Ashley until she asked us to come down to the Bahamas to photograph her wedding. We clicked right away with our insane love for travel and our love of no B.S. :) Oh, and she understands what it's like to be married to someone in the aviation industry because she went to college for the same thing. She blogs about everything travel and my Matt & I are in a silent battle to try to beat them in taking cooler and more vacations, bring it :) The only sad thing about Ashley is that she likes the Vikings. She'll find a rehab center sooner or later.
Meet my silly sister and beautiful friend, Alyssa. She is a crazy weirdo like me and we like to prove everyday that it's in our genes. This hypothesis is tested daily by making our parents seriously worried that they might have dropped us as babies...oh wait, I did drop Alyssa as a baby. Now I'm just wondering what happened to me.
Hello, Travis. I think anyone who reads my blog already knows that Travis is from Antarctica and he came down to Mexico to marry us. Or uh...maybe I'm getting some of my facts mixed up. But he does like LOST and now he is starting Relevant in Williamsburg, VA and I'm along for the crazy ride that is glorifying Jesus and making him known to the world.
Meet the lovely Christina who everyone thinks is Asian. She is the worship leader at Relevant and I'm really excited to get to know her better as the years go on! She kicks my butt at blogging...if I wasn't so anal about having pretty pictures in all my posts I could blog everyday too :P
And here is my new good buddy, Brad. Brad is the Creative Arts Pastor at Relevant which means I call him pretty much every day with more questions and things to do so we can make Relevant look as awesome as it already is. It's been amazing getting to know Brad and his story and zeal for loving Jesus is inspiring every day. I love being blessed with such awesome people to work around.
Alli Rogers is originally from my hometown but moved to Nashville to become a Christian singer and she's so good. She is Katie's sister in law (first blogger at the top) so through family connections I've gotten to know her and through her music and singing in the shower I feel like I know her pretty well :)
Clare & I went to high school together but never really got to know each other very well. Now that we are both married and seem to hang out at the gym at the same time I'm enjoying getting to know her through her travels and similar interests.
I went to high school with Calais' sister so I don't really know her but I stumbled upon her blog randomly as she was taking a walking pilgrimage through Spain. There is no way for that kind of adventure to not be interesting.
Nate from The Image is Found is a ridiculously innovative photographer in California. I've never met him and I'm sure he doesn't know I exist but he's inspirational and he has 2 really funny kids so I have to be a stalker :)
I met Jess through church and I think that the way she is raising her family to love Christ is awesome. I love reading about her life even though I'm definitely not at the stage of making homemade baby food or talking about nap time, it's all beautiful anyway. And she loves the simple lifestyle of the Amish too, so she has a special place in my heart :)
Becky & Luke helped start up a church small group that Matt & I were in. Now they have a baby and I love reading about their adventures...especially the "there there" story of Luke's displays of affection and understanding!
Here is little Addelyn. She does not blog but her mom Kris does and I love this picture that we took of little Addelyn this last winter, what a cutie :) Kris is the high school youth director at our church and I've really enjoyed getting to know her from when Matt & I volunteered at Big House. She's a great one-on-one talker at Panera :)
Post Secret. I started out reading these books at Barnes & Noble and now they have a blog to keep me updated with all the latest secrets. Post Secret started out as an art project where people sent in their secrets anonymously. It has grown into a worldwide phenomenon and they travel the country displaying these exhibits in museums everywhere.
Fail Blog is my husband and I's latest amusement. They update it multiple times a day with the pure ridiculousness that is humanity. So funny.
I'm not sure how I found out about this blog but a husband and wife were severly injured (badly burned) in a private plane crash recently and this is the blog of the wife's sister as she takes care of their 4 young children while they make a slow recovery. The wife who was injured is a famous blogger in the blogging world so her blog (Nie Nie) is equally as interesting.
Um, I read my own blog? This is the blog for my photography business that I have with my mom. It's colorful and full of what I do everyday :)
So who has a cool blog for me to read? Like I need to spend anymore time on the computer :)

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Despite the barrage of insults to not only me, but my PRECIOUS Vikings, I am touched! :-D

Seriously, though, it's really cool getting to know all of these people through your blog!

Bailey said...

Our blog isn't necessarily cool, but it's somewhat entertaining at times. =)

mattandbaileyking.blogspot.com

Becky Bartlett said...

This was a fun post to read! I like the introductions... I've been checking some of these blogs out- now fun to know how you know them. :) I saw a story about NieNie and wrote down her name to check out her blog. hadn't gotten to it yet, but will have to soon. a recommendation... check out our cousin's blog if you want some good laughs about family and kids... jolly54282.blogspot.com (or link to everyday blessings on my page)

Unknown said...

What a great post! It was so fun to "meet" everyone :) Thanks! super great idea to post this!!
I am holding out for our Amish trip this fall :) I think I smell homemade bread calling our names.... looking forward to hanging out in Amish town together!

Clare & Tim said...

http://aaronrosieforever.blogspot.com/

Since you love photography, and people that love eachother, you will LOVE them. They are both photographers that do RIDICULOUS work. She lives in England, he in North Carolina, they fell in love looking at each others photos on flickr. Its sickening how cute they are.

Here's their flickr pages too.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosie_hardy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aknacer/

travis said...

you've got be addicted to "failblog" - too funny!

thanks for the blog love - miss you guys SO much, but we'll always have Cancun...and more times yet to come...

Kris Hoskinson said...

what a great idea to introduce your blog friends! :) because we are all blog stalkers, it is nice to know where we get these connections. ha ha....
we need another one-on-one panara date sometime soon. :)