Monday, September 8, 2008

captain hogan, parkersburg & matthew 6:19-21

Meet my husband, Captain Hogan. Usually he looks a little more professional than this when he flies but every once in a while he takes my family up flying just for fun and looks like a hobo who knows how to fly a plane. A month or so ago we went up....
We all like to take our turn flying up front. Matt likes to make us feel like we really know what we're doing. Here is Johnathan learning the ropes.
While flying around the area we decided to fly over Parkersburg, IA where the tornado hit earlier this summer. It was devastating to see from the air.
I think this is the public school.
It leveled the center of the town. When I see something like this it reminds me of something I try to remind myself everyday.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:19-21

No comments: