Monday, August 11, 2008

watching the light.

the last post about revealing myself was a randomness post as i sat in my hotel room in cancun thinking about my life. in a couple of the photos i posted i thought back to my frame of mind when i took them and thought...i love the light. i watch it all day. this was another random 1 second thought that came into my mind, i wrote it down, and then moved on. then travis mentioned it to me this morning and i began to really think about it.
it is true. i do watch the light. i watch it as it changes throughout the day. how it affects what i'm doing, where i'm going, how i'm feeling, how it plays off of other things around me, it's absence. i think about light most often when i'm working as, more than any other thing, it affects the way i capture someone's life through the camera lens. but really, light is more than that to me. i watch the shadows and i watch the way light can cause me to shield my eyes and i watch the way i can walk outside just before sunset and completely revel in it's beauty and i watch the way it disappears for me but is still completely and wholy there for someone else.

light changes me. it changes the way i see the world. it changes the world. all from a singular and unchanging source.

No comments: