Thursday, August 14, 2008

shysters, thieves and sociopaths

Confession: I can't get enough of Grand Theft Auto IV. I bought it on XBOX360 for my little brothers for their birthdays and I have been known to sit by myself in a completely dark basement for a few hours straight playing this ridiculous video game.
I hate video games (with the exception of the original old school Mario, which Matt & I spent 2 days and $29 searching all of the Washington DC metro area to get our hands on...the glory of blowing into that machine is like a time capsule to the early 90's.)
Anyway, this game is horrific and so wrong on so many levels. I find myself laughing while I shoot an old lady point blank in the head for the 20 bucks I know she has in her purse. Why anyone would find enjoyment in this game is completely beyond me and I'm pretty sure it goes against my previous statement of wanting to live like the Amish.
What can I say, Niko and his American dream of stealing every car and life in Liberty City has it's draw.

No comments: