Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Quintana Roo

I am leaving on a jet plane once again. I figured out I was in the Chicago airport 6 times in a 2 week period. Now we're off to shoot another destination wedding. This time: Cancun. This little slice of heaven is a home away from home for my family having been there something like 9 times in the last 6 years. The water here is my favorite color and the beach is always calling my name. Of course Cancun holds a special place in my heart beyond just amazing water and powder white sand. This is the place where I married my best friend and the man that loves me in a way that blesses me everyday. We were married barefoot in the sand surrounded by our closest friends and family and the entire week that they spent with us was one of the greatest gifts I've ever been given. The whole trip, 7 days with the people that I love the most and 7 days alone on a secluded beach in Akumal with my new husband, was an amazing time for me and one in which I still am overwhelmed with gratitude for.

I got the girls all fun shirts to wear while we got ready. Mine was "Matt's Co-Pilot", the girls (BreAnne, Alyssa, & Kelly) had "Kristyn's Flight Attendant" and the hot mommas had "Love Makes Life Paradise" which was sort of the theme for the week.
What they are doing, I still have no idea. That's Brad & Matt for you.
My sweet sweet sister/maid of honor & I. I love this girl.
Momma gets a little emotional sometimes :)
Mom & Dad helping me get ready :)
The boys praying before the ceremony. Counterclockwise from Matt in that handsome suit is my brother Michael, Matt's awesome dad Jim, our crazy friend Brad, my brother Johnathan, and our Rev. Travis
Matt walking Aunt Diane down to the ceremony. This picture is so gosh darn cute.
The girls groovin it down the aisle. I love you girls :)
(Matt's sister Kelly, my kissin cousin BreAnne, & my sis Alyssa)
This is why we got married at the beach. Hello!
Oh, Brad.
Our parents praying over us during the ceremony while Kelly sang.
We're married!
There was no way I was getting much air in that dress :)
I know you all wanted to see this :)
My sweet parents giving a toast. Love them so much. Aren't they cute :)
This was Matt's interpretation of "dancing" for the garter. If you were there, you know it got much worse and with much less in the clothing department :)
See you soon Quintana Roo.

3 comments:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Gorgeous pics! have a blast- can't wait to hear about your trip. H just planned a Labor Day get away with him mom to Cancun.

Clare & Tim said...

You have been tagged in a post!

http://clarethewanderer.blogspot.com/

Kris Hoskinson said...

just so you know i love to read your blogs!!!