Friday, November 7, 2008

a place to call home

It's official. I'm entering a whole new stage in my life. And no, it's not the baby stage! Since Matt & I met when I was 13 and he was 14 we've never truly lived in the same state (that's like over 9 years of long distance dating/marriage). Even once we got married we've been commuting back and forth between his job as a pilot in Nashville and my photography business and family here in Iowa. We've finally decided that it's time for us to have our own "home" and try to actually live as a family as semi-normally as we can possibly manage. We'll still be doing our share of commuting as I still have my business with my mom in Iowa that is still going full force as well as working with Relevant out in Virginia but it is finally time for us to have a place that is just ours.
.
So we're off to explore the wild blue yonder. Or atleast I feel like I am. Matt has lived on and off in Nashville all throughout college and for the last couple years since he has graduated and continued to work down there. From my visits I really enjoy the area and I am looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.
.
So for all of you who have been wondering.
1. Yes, we're moving to Nashville. Next week. Ok, Matt will chide me if I say we're moving to Nashville. We're moving to the Nashville AREA but I think it's just easier to say Nashville because everyone knows where that is :) We're actually moving to Murfreesboro which is sort of a suburb south of Nashville.
.
2. Yes, Art Of Light is still 100% in business and I will be back in Iowa for everything that I need to be there for. Since our business is about 75% on the computer it will be easy to work from wherever I am in the world.
.
3. Yes, I would LOVE your prayers if you would like to offer them. I have never really lived away from Cedar Falls where my entire extended family has lived for generations and it will be a bittersweet time for me, adjusting to this new life. I am excited and nervous and completely ready for God to walk with us through this journey. Added bonus, we can't wait for people to come visit us :)
.
Here are some pictures of our new "home". These obviously aren't our exact apartment but you get the idea. And I'll be sure to update with photos when we get all moved in.

4 comments:

Kris Hoskinson said...

congrats on the move. :) i'll definitely be thinking of you as you adjust to being out of CF. and i'm sure i'll see you back around here once in awhile still huh?! :)

Becky Bartlett said...

WOW! What a big fun decision! Hope the move goes smoothly. You and your hubby will really enjoy being in the same state... it'll be so good for you. AND- there's a new Papa Murphy's in Murfreesboro!! So it will still taste like home I guess. :) Good luck! Glad we'll still see you around.

Clare & Tim said...

My goodness! Beautiful! It will be amazing for you to get out of here, Its an experience that can't be repeated. :)

kelly said...

oh i'm so excited for you guys!

just 4-5 hours away from your favorite sister-in-law =D

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!
I'm planning a road trip!