Saturday, November 15, 2008

birth-day.

I turned 23 yesterday. Or maybe by now it's 2 days ago...these mid twenties birthdays feel a little weird. Life feels like it goes by so much quicker then I remember when I was younger. It was a different sort of birthday. I spent most of the day by myself in our new apartment continuing to unpack and work while Matt worked. When he got home he brought me some nice suprises. The first season of PSYCH on DVD (secretly he wanted this for himself just as much as me so I think it was a mutually beneficial gift :) and a MASSIVE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE. When I say this thing is chocolate, it's really chocolate. Like atleast 8 or so inches tall of pure chocolate covered in white chocolate shavings and chocolate frosting. So chocolate that Matt & I both have canker sores today from eating 1 piece. Oh heavenly chocolate.
.
Before I continue on with my very action packed birthday evening, I wanted to share a completely unrelated photo of what my husband looks like when he wakes up in the morning. Someone looks a bit like a baby bird :)
So after salivating over my chocolate cake for a bit we decided to head up to Nashville to hang with the boys. I think until I meet some females here I'm doomed to hanging out with just boys. Atleast they are pretty cool guys :)
.
Matt cutting up part of my cake to share. I took a normal photo and then Charlie asked me to retake it with this pose. Really, no one should have to see this in their lifetime...Looks like he's having a Charlie Jr. or we're just in the south. Oh how exciting is the iPhone. Sean, Adam and Ben.
Ashton is lame and is moving back to Houston as we speak so I took a photo of him making green bean casserole to preserve his memory in Nashville forever. Very epic.
After our cook-out in the rain we headed out to see the new Bond movie. I have to say that it is weird for me to be in a city and drive on interstates and realize that this is actually where I live. My whole life cities have been simply part of vacations or visits. Life feels new and different and covered in traffic.

.
What I love about Nashville so far...
*digital cable with on-demand
.
*having a gym within 30 seconds walking distance along with fresh chocolate chip cookies and tea (for Sundays of course :)
.
*ridiculous amounts of shopping options (Ross, Marshall's, and Bed Bath & Beyond all right in a row...more on the beauty of Ross & Marshall's to come later as we spent about half our day in these 2 stores today)
.
*knowing that if I wanted to try food from a restaurant I've never been to I have endless options living in the restaurant capital of the world. I've yet to actually exercise this option but I did have some Sonic which is good enough in itself.
.
*feeling surrounded by new and different things where nothing is familiar and everything feels like a new opportunity.
.
*our apartment and the fact that it is ours.

2 comments:

kelly said...

i'm jealous. end of story!

momma beckman said...

Looks and sounds like you had a very busy birthday!! Amen to the chocolate cake!! I will miss you on football Sunday..........Matt does look a bit like a baby bird. Hey........don't forget to have someone take pictures of you once in awhile. I love you. momma