Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bonefish Grill: Warm Mango Salsa

Murfreesboro Fact #1: It's the restaurant capital of the U.S.
What shall we do about this?
Try everything, of course.
.
My uncle is down here in Nashville on business this week so he's been taking us out for dinner. Sunday night we had Fox's Pizza. I had a personal taco pizza which was very good.
Find a local pizza joint. CHECK.
.
Tonight we went to Bonefish Grill. Matt & Scott urged me to try the Mango Salsa on my seafood and I was skeptical at first. I am a skeptic no longer. First of all, this was definitely the best seafood I've had in my life and I've had quite a bit. I think what made it was the Mango Salsa. We left the restaurant wondering if we could buy it in MASSIVE bulk. And ta-da, they have the recipe on their website...so I'm sharing it with you all (ya'll) and urging you to give it a shot. It goes with pretty much any seafood. Matt had it on Mahi Mahi, Scott had it on Ahi Tuna and I had it on shrimp and scallops. It's sweet, it's spicy, it's amazing. Seriously, try it.
Bonefish Grill Warm Mango Salsa (8 servings)
A sweet, eastern accent.
Ingredients
1 cup red onions, charred and chopped (quarter inch pieces)
1 quart small diced mango (drained and chopped in quarter inch pieces)
1/4 cup diced red pepper (eighth of an inch pieces)
1/2 cup mango puree
1/4 cup scallions (chopped on bias)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
.
Directions
Peel and slice red onion in 2 to 3 large pieces lay on hot grill and char.
Chop the red onion into quarter inch pieces.
Dice the Mango and red pepper.
Mix all the ingredients together
When ready to serve, heat in microwave or on stove top for three minutes. Add scallions and cilantro and serve over grilled fillet.

6 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Mmmm... sounds great! I'll have to attempt it sometime. Luke has traveled to Murfreesboro a couple of times (for Papa Murphy's... now open!!) and loved the fact that they're the restaurant capital! He really likes the Chop House. Enjoy exploring the new city!

kelly said...

I LOVE bonefish grill! dad and I go there :) it's sooo good. mmm now i'm hungry!

momma beckman said...

can't wait to try it next week!! i love you. momma

mandress said...

It's amazing - about 15 years ago there was not much in Murfreesboro - MTSU has helped the town grow up a lot it seems.

Hey Kelly it's Mike Andress. Thanks for leaving me a note and saying hi. I have been meaning to tell you of how I enjoy your Blog. It is very encouraging and you have a beautiful way of expressing what you are experiencing. It is so evident you love Jesus and desire to walk closely with Him. I'll bet others like it very much too.

mandress said...

Sorry KRISTYN. I called you Kelly :-)

Kris Hoskinson said...

YUM. it is 9 a.m. and you are making me hungry! :)