Wednesday, October 1, 2008

losing something to keep it.

I read something a while ago that has stuck with me. I am going through a time in my life right now where I feel a certain amount of unrest. Atleast more than I feel that I felt when I was younger and supposedly more carefree. My life feels increasingly uncertain. I don't know what God has planned for me and I don't know what or where I'll be beyond today. So this little thing that I read has been something I remind myself of when I start to worry and feel scared that my life is not in my control.
.
"In order to keep us from becoming too attached to earth, God allows us to feel a significant amount of discontent and dissatisfaction in life-longings that will never be fulfilled on this side of eternity. We're not completely happy here because we're not supposed to be. Earth is not our final home; we were creating for something much better."
-Rick Warren "The Purpose Driven Life"
.
This is a scary and comforting truth. To know that God is aware of me at this level feels like ultimate love and then comes the realization that alot of my discontent comes from living for myself and expecting everything to go my way and make me happy. Letting go of life allows us to live it. God is crazy. And I love Him for that.
.
p.s. that is my sister up there, showing us her heart :)

No comments: