Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kristyn & Katie's Amazing-Wives-Twice-Baked-Potatoes

Now I won't be claiming anytime soon that I am any sort of a great cook. But I like to consider that I am learning. Very slowly. Ever since Matt & I started Body For Life back in February we've been cooking considerably more and I've started to semi-enjoy it. Back a few months ago Katie & I decided that we wanted to better ourselves as wives (like we could get anymore amazing) and host a little dinner party like amazing wives do. Katie thought we should try twice-baked potatoes and so we found a random recipe on the internet....
Meet Katie! Hello Friend:)
This is what we came up with, yum!!
And since Sundays are "Eat Whatever You Want!" days for our new lifestyle tonight we had a little bit of a random cook out again with, listen to this menu, twice-baked potatoes, lasagna, garlic bread, mussels, and fried walleye. Random? Yes. So here is my second attempt at what I now pretty much looove. My beautiful TBPs.
Luckily for less-skilled cooks like me these babies are not an exact science and are actually pretty easy to make.

Katie & Kristyn's Twice Baked Potatoes Ripped Off From Random Internet Recipes and Made Into Yummiliciousness!

3 large baking potatoes

1/2 cup of milk (or sort of a splash in my case)

About 6 oz. of sour cream because I just sort of dumped part of an 8 oz. tub in :)

4 tbsp. of butter (or whatever is left in the bowl by the toaster)

About a half a bag of shredded Chedder Cheese

Half Package of Bacon (cooked n' crumbled)

Some green onions or onion salt if you're lazy like me sometimes

Salt, Pepper, & Garlic to taste (and if you feel like getting adventurous try a little cayenne pepper, celery salt, or whatever you find in the spice cabinet that sounds like it might work with a potato :)

Sea Salt & Olive Oil

*Preheat oven to 400 degrees

*Pour a little olive oil on the potatoes and rub some sea salt on them, wrap in tin foil, and bake for 1 hour

*Slice potatoes in half the long way and spoon out the yummy insides. Save the skins (so they look like boats). Mix the insides with the milk, sour cream, butter, half of the cheese, half of the bacon, and whatever spices from above.

*Spoon the potato mix back into skins and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, bacon, and onion.

*Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes and serve!

YUM!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

I'm going to try to make these on Wednesday!! :) Thanks for the inspiration. Maybe if they turn out real well I'll try to post a cool picture also??

Kris Hoskinson said...

only you would have a creative, cool looking picture of a baked potato on your blog. hee hee i love it.

Becky Bartlett said...

I made these today!! I must say, they didn't look near as cool as yours. Meg v. helped me out... said she used to be your neighbor. She was excited to be using your recipe. :) I didn't get a picture of them for my blog, but we joked that we should take a photo of an insanely ugly potato and pretend that they all turned out that way.

alyssa said...

soooo...are the wives being twice baked or the potatoes?