Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Check-Out Line & My Travel List

Tonight, while on a late night grocery run with Katie, I did something I have never done. I bought a magazine completely on impulse and not while in the airport. I was putting my I-can't-believe-the-price-of-wheat food items through the check out when I saw this little gem and decided I wanted it regardless of price or need. Now I don't usually fall for published complications claiming to have all the best of whatever but this baby is full of really beautiful photographs of really random cool places and my travel list just wouldn't let me pass it up.
From a pretty early age my parents took my family on fun vacations and ever since then I've been bitten by a pretty potent version of the travel bug. My husband and I share a love for traveling and have been some pretty cool places together (Paris, Rome, London, Aruba, Curacao, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Martin, Barbados, Venezuela, Antigua, Puerto Rico, Mexico....)

We vowed before we got married that while we were young we would make traveling a priority so I have started my "travel list" and when I cross these off my list I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some new ones. And hopefully my LIFE "Dream Destinations" will give me some more ideas :)

First off, Hawaii. We're planning this stop for sometime in the next year hopefully!

A few Europe trips...

*Italy (we've been to Rome and a train ride through the Alps but there is still plenty more to see!)

Switzerland, Austria, & Germany (Matt has been to these countries and I'm dying to go!)
Ireland (the Hogan motherland :)
Barcelona!
Greece
The British Virgin Islands (if I win the lottery this trip would include Petit St. Vincent or Peter Island but if not the Grenadines, Virgin Gorda, St. John, one of those will do :)
A South African Safari
New Zealand (Matt's brother is studying abroad there for a semester and I am jealous!)
Banff/Glacier National Park
A Moorings Private Caribbean Sailing Trip with the whole family!

And some others on the list...Fiji & Bora Bora / Oregon Coast & Vancouver / Key West, Florida / Belize / Charleston, SC / Savannah, GA / New York City / Yellowstone

So let's hear what everyone else's list includes, we're always up for new ideas!

And sorry my fellow traveler Ashley, Grand Forks is not going to make this list due to...the fact that we'd rather see you in one of the above locations instead :)

4 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

I'd better start doing some dreaming! I don't know if I even have a list... but it probably would include a bunch of tropical places, maybe alaska, and definitely Africa. this is a fun blog!!

Ashley said...

First of all, I am SO upset! Grand Forks is so beautiful! You are missing out (not). hahahahaha You crack me up!

Second of all, you could have just typed my list!!!! We ARE going to Italy and Greece next year, you know? (hint hint)

Third of all, Ireland is also the Ashley motherland. ;)

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

I might have to steal your list! Some super fabulous places. I"m going to a photography workshop in Banff in September and I'm soooo excited :)

Kris Hoskinson said...

oh now that a babe has arrived the thought of fufilling our travel list is MUCH harder. so enjoy your married without kids time and make some of those amazing places happen! oh and banff is INCREDIBLE. i suggest it moves high on the list. the hotel right by the water is booked YEARS in advance. :)