Friday, September 4, 2009

Somebody give me an Unhealthy Recipe!

So I decided this Sunday that I actually want to cook something. Okay, so I cook a lot. But it's only during the week and it's always something ultra-healthy. And then on Sundays we just end up eating frozen waffles for breakfast, some chocolate for a pre-church appetizer (no judging! by the time Sunday at 9 am roles around I NEED my chocolate!) and going out to eat for lunch/dinner with coupons to fast food places or wherever has a good deal for the week. I mean, let's be honest, this girl cannot say NO to Wendy's or Five Guys but then I start to think about all the hearty meals I'd like to actually cook myself and never do because we don't keep any unhealthy ingredients in our house so I have nothing to cook them with.
So I need your help!

RULES
1. It CAN have as much butter, oil, fat, whatever in it.
2. It cannot be a pot roast, basic baked chicken or a bleepin salad--nothing that remotely resembles something I could adapt to our Monday-Saturday eating lifestyle.
3. It cannot be too complicated because I don't want to buy a gazillion ingredients. We're on a budget here :)
4. It CAN use healthy ingredients (chicken, vegetables, etc.) but come on, people, it better have some crap in it too :)

BREAKFAST: I'm thinking sausage, eggs, etc. or maybe one of those breakfast casseroles? Ideas?
LUNCH or DINNER: I was kind of thinking beef nachos/taco salad with all the trimmings? Any better ideas? It can be anything from Italian to Chinese to Mexican to whatever. Actually Chinese sounds kind of good!

DESSERT: I don't care if it's from a box or from scratch but it better have lots of chocolate in it, it better have NO amount of fruit in it whatsoever, and it better be decently simple to make (no made from scratch pies please)

Deadline is Saturday (tomorrow) at noon because I don't enter Wal-Mart on my day of rest. Entering the pits of hell known as 50 screaming children in Wal-Mart would defeat the purpose of a restful day :)

The winners will receive good will from me forever and something I'm not going to tell you about yet, but it will probably be good.

ALL YOU READERS OUT THERE, I KNOW YOU HAVE GOOD RECIPES, HAND EM OVER! :)
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Kristyn Hogan is a wedding & lifestyle photographer based out of Murfreesboro, TN serving the Nashville area including Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood and Smyrna as well as Iowa and worldwide. www.kristynhogan.com

10 comments:

Tracie said...

Cheap, simple and yummy, you ask?? This is my #1 requested item to prepare from my dearest husband. You can throw all items in a crock pot, or modify for stove top. Crock pot ensures the tenderest of chicken, flavor fully enfused...I present to you:

Creamy Italian Chicken

Ingedients:
4-6 Chicken breasts (can be frozen if you're going crock pot style)
1 can Cream of Chicken
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1 8 oz. tub o' Cream Cheese
1 packet of Italian dressing mix(unmixed...just the powder)

Dump it all in and mix it up, cook in the crock pot 4-6 hours. Shred Chicken with a couple forks. Serve over (NON WHEAT) pasta (my fav, the pasta part, not necessarily minus the wheat), rice or mashed potatoes. Feeds a few, so you can feed other unhealthy eating people.

Unknown said...

I so agree with you about Walmart. I try to keep my language clean, but the cleanest word I can find for that place is "Hellmart". Everyone understands! I like to cook too, but not as much as I like photography, so needless to say. We do a lot of take out but here's a fast one we like.

Ingredients:
3-4 large chick breast. Boiled.
1 bag Nacho Chips
1 can chili beans
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 can enchilada sauce
shredded cheese. LOTS OF IT!

layer like this with two layers each:

chicken
soup
beans
chips
sauce
cheese

Like your blog & and your photography!
-Pj

momma beckman said...

krisa.....if you want chocolate, get some of those yummy boxed chewy brownies!! and they must be the ones with the chocolate frosting on top. alyssa makes them and they are to die for. i want to say they are in a red box--maybe betty crocker or pilsbury?? simple, cheap, and chocolate....do i win??

Aubrey Caruso said...

Sunday breakfast!!!
French Toast Casserole

1 loaf french bread sliced(13-16 oz)

8 large eggs
2 cups half and half
1 cup milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
dash of salt
mix this and pour over bread in 13x9 dish

Topping:
2 sticks of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 tbsp corn syrup (light or dark)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
spread over top of bread


Bake at 350 for 40 mins until puffy and lightly golden brown
(keep and eye on it, likely to burn fast!)

you can cut the recipe in half for you and matt, now this is real southern cookin' its from Paula Dean!

momma beckman said...

Aubrey is right. That recipe would have been really yummy except for that we made it and baked it in an oven that had recently baked and burned something all over the inside of it!! As you can imagine, the casserole tasted like the smoke that filled the inside of the oven!!
oh, by the way, diesel and ella would like to put their vote in for "puppy chow"

Clare & Tim said...

It's too late for this week...but Monkey bread is always DELICIOUS!

Anonymous said...

you want chocolate? girl i got your chocolate ;) http://calaismarie.wordpress.com/2008/08/22/rich-divine-fateful-chocolate-cake/
if you want cheap, opt for cream cheese over the marscapone. and if you want easy, you could always get one of those oreo pie crusts instead of making your own.

Advanced Health said...

Lured in by the nacho plate. Some very nice recipes here. Many thanks

les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...

wholesle jersey like this website. good reviews.

Unknown said...

Bu tür konulara her yerde rastlayamıyoruz Moda Siteleri nde okumustum daha önce çok güzeldi sizde resimli anlatımla bunu yapabilirsiniz..