Saturday, April 18, 2009

spiritual gifts

What are your spiritual gifts? Our small group is taking this online test to determine our spiritual gifts as we study Hebrews and look for ways that we can further the body of Christ with our own gifts. It is eye opening to begin to see where I was made to be of most use. Instead of forcing myself to participate in areas I am not gifted for, I can focus my attention on working most in the way I was made to serve as a Christ follower.

It is really important when you take this test to not answer the way you WANT to be or with the answer you think is the "best" or "nicest" way to answer. If you aren't that into sharing the gospel with others or you do feel like you place a high value on money then you should answer honestly if you want the results to truly reflect who you are.

http://www.churchgrowth.org/cgi-cg/gifts.cgi?id=360001

My spiritual gifts:

Mercy - 14
Serving - 14
Shepard - 10
Giving - 8
Exhortation (giving advice) - 7
Prophecy - 6
Administration/Teaching - 5
Evangelism -3


I can see clearly that my strengths are working behind the scenes: meeting basic needs, helping the church with tasks, using my talents behind the scenes to enable others to do the work in front of the curtain. Creating art that catches peoples' eye and causes them to give what someone else has to say about the love of Jesus a chance. On the other hand, my gifts are not teaching in front of large groups or sitting down with someone I do not know to tell them about Jesus. And that's okay because God doesn't create us to be a Jack of all trades. I think He creates us to be specialized in certain areas to really rock it out at what we're good at instead of everyone being mediocre at everything.

No comments: