Tuesday, January 27, 2009

just another day?

It's been life as usual around here which is, in a way, unusual, as I'm starting to feel more like home...getting into a routine, knowing where I'm going, making friends, making this into our home. When we got home from Christmas in Virginia we got to enjoy an NHL game in Nashville. Matt is a big Pittsburgh football & hockey fan so his parents gave him Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Nashville Predators hockey tickets. We had alot of fun and now Matt is in his 2 weeks of celebration as he prepares for his team to win the Super Bowl! Sunday is going to be quite a nerve wracking day for my dear husband and all of the Hogans :) That includes me, although I would have preferred for it to be a Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh Super Bowl in which my Packers were victorious and I was able to gloat for years. Alas, it hasn't been my year as a Packer fan so I'll defer to rooting for my second favorite team as my Cheeseheads prepare for their comeback season!
Have I told everyone in the world about Matt's extremely odd dietary concoction known as a "pancake" made from cottage cheese, egg whites & oatmeal? Enough said.
We are slowly but surely making progress on our humble abode. While it may seem like all of this decorating shouldn't have been that involved of a process, trust me, it has been. I've never bought and returned so many things in my lifetime in my sweet husband's quest to decorate everything perfectly. I've never closely scrutinized so many shades of so many different colors. Sigh, who knew I married Mr. Martha? :)
Next up is my quest to actually get some photos of all the amazing people we've become friends with over the last couple of months. The people down here truly are amazing and have made this transition so much more enjoyable.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the apartment! Very chic. I promise to update my blog often. I already want to make a second post today ... I may become addicted.

Catherine said...

Also, your next post should be about what the heck geocaching!

Catherine said...

what the heck it is i mean!