Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hogan's Super Magic Awesome White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies!

My sister-in-law, Kelly, and I made these cookies over Christmas break and then I just made them again this week for dinner at a friend's house. So far they've been a hit (Matt even raves about them!) and some people have asked for the recipe, so here you go! *4 cups all-purpose flour
*2 cups sugar
(we use raw pure cane sugar...I think it makes a difference but you can use regular sugar)
*2 tsp. ground cinnamon
*a couple shakes of all-spice
(I added this to the recipe myself so it's not a scientific amount, I just shook it a couple times :)
*2 tsp. baking soda
*1 tsp. salt
*1 (16 oz.) can solid pack pumpkin
(I got a 29 oz. can because they were out of the 16 oz. at the store and used about 20 oz. of the can)
*1 cup vegetable oil
(Because I used a little more pumpkin I only used about 3/4 cup of oil)
*2 eggs
*2 tbsp. milk
*2 tsp. vanilla extract
*2/3 bag of white chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda and salt. Add pumpkin, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla; beat on medium speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop big spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Dought will be VERY moist and cake like. You just have to kind of glop them onto the baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 9-10 minutes.

They will still look very moist and maybe not done at the end of 9 minutes but they are just very cake-like and best if you don't overcook them. I let them cool on the caking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack because they are so moist and may break apart if you move them too quickly.

Makes about 3 dozen depending on how large you make the cookies. I think they are better when they are bigger.

Taste great warm, at room temperature or cold out of the fridge! Make sure you store them in a ziplock or airtight container so they stay moist. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Can we only eat these on Sundays? Jenny