Saturday, July 12, 2008

Aruba and 10,000 airports, it will be nice to see you again.

I'm off to Aruba tomorrow morning with my mom to shoot a wedding this Wednesday. My husband & I took a pretty amazing vacation this last January/February to 9 different Caribbean islands and Aruba was one of them....it definitely doesn't disappoint. It will be quite a long day considering this lil gem is just north of South America (it's going to take us about 12 hours to get there) but we have Monday to relax before working Tuesday & Wednesday & flying back on Thursday so I'm looking forward to that. Here's a shot I took from Aruba on a little deserted part of the beach we stopped at. This next month is going to be a little crazy...July 13-17 in Aruba, July 17-23 in DC & Williamsburg for Relevant Church, come home for 4 days to shoot 2 weddings July 25 & 26, then a week in Nashville with the hubby July 27-Aug.1, then back here to shoot a wedding on Aug.2, and then off to Cancun to shoot another wedding Aug. 6-10. Whew. I'm not even sure what happens after Aug. 10. I think we've got about 5 million portrait shoots and weddings and somewhere at the end of August Matt & I really want to go on a vacation...Alaskan cruise, Banff, European cruise, last minute deal?

So next I really want to post about this amazing 9 island trip we took this winter because it was so amazing and I was just talking to Matt tonight about how ridiculous it was (we paid next to nothing for one of the best vacations we've ever been on..."and you can do it too" informercial voice). So stay tuned friends, now I'm off to the desert beach where last I checked the heat index was 104 and the water was feeling mighty fine :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip! :)