Thursday, August 13, 2009

This is what the Hogans do in Nashville: Part One

Living outside of Nashville I feel like maybe I should actually be documenting the things we do in this lovely town. So this is post number one. It's been a crazy last month or so with lots of visitors along with two surgeries for the husband and lots of work. All these things have been great for us but have made me a bit exhausted so here is what I can muster up of my world for today. So far what I can say for Nashville is that unless you love country music it's not necessarily the most exciting vacation destination in the world but it's a great place to live and we really love it here. So in a quest to come up with as many things for our visitors to do, we started finding yummy restaurants, which apparently isn't that hard to do around here.
.
First off, the famous Pancake Pantry in West End. Where you'll wait in a line that stretches around the block for 30 minutes-2 hours. And the line will be worth it.

We lived here for months without ever going here until a couple months ago we decided we must try it out and have been here 3 times since and anyone who comes to visit us will be going as well, it's our new tradition :)
They have at least 20 different kinds of pancakes. Sweet Potato pancakes, Caribbean pancakes, Blueberry pancakes, Swedish pancakes, Chocolate crepe pancakes, Sugar and Spice pancakes, Pigs in a Blanket pancakes (no joke), and the list goes on. And we haven't heard anyone disliking any of them yet.
Apparently it's really common to see famous people here on a regular basis but since I don't know country music I wouldn't know if I saw them, so we just enjoy the faces of our beautiful friends and family, stuffing their faces :)
The only pictures I have are of our first trip with friends. And when I took my brother and his girlfriend last week I forgot to take stuffing the face photos. Papa Jim-Bob & Mama Rose (those are your Tennessee names) :), where are all our pictures from your visit?!?!? This blog is not complete without them!

5 comments:

Whit and Josh said...

i have two things to say about this:

1. You are a sneaky picture-taker. I didn't even realize you had your camera that day hah

and

2. mmmmm, Carribean pancakes

Anonymous said...

Yes! Pancake Pantry is an awesome tradition! Love your blog =)
Jess
http://www.diJESStibles.com

Unknown said...

По моему очень даже формативный блог.
Хозяину блога респект!!!

les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...

Easy buy replica louis vuitton handbag cheap as high quality as an actual ones .

Unknown said...

It's a amazing place where you jumped. I wish to visit such a spot.
I like your blog pictures.