Friday, June 12, 2009

if i don't get here soon...


I have to get to Hallstatt, Austria.
.
I was watching "Austria in HD" on public television the other day and I fell in love with this place. The top picture is on my desktop right now and I can't stop staring at it.
Our good friends are moving to Germany this summer for the army and thus we finally have the opportunity to make the long awaited trip to Austria/Germany/Switzerland/Czech Republic that we've been yearning for for quite a while now. Matt went there with his grandfather as a teenager but we can't wait to go together. Anybody been there and have any suggestions/tips/etc?
.
And as long as I get to Hallstatt, I'm good.

3 comments:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Lol...i think I have that exact same photo (the 1st one) framed on our fireplace. It's our 'travel dream wall' and Switzerland/Austria is the first place we'd go back to in Europe.

Ashley said...

We're going to Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland over labor day, and I cannot wait! Wanna go? ;)

Clare & Tim said...

We didn't spend too much time in Austria, but the thing I remember absolutely LOVING was Salt Mine in Salzburg. You go deep down into the cave on this cart and see the caves and different things and then there is this huge underground lake and a slide you go down. Highly recommended!