Friday, May 22, 2009

to my baby sister









My beautiful little sister- you're officially graduating from high school this Sunday, holy crap. I feel like just last year I was 10 and you were 5 and we were sharing a day bed (or maybe I was 5 and you were zero and I dropped you on the floor, whoops :)...and it feels like just last week that I was an "adult" and you were in high school and I made you share your bed with me when I was married and Matt was in Tennessee working. (Oh wait, that really did happen last week :) (but it happened other times too in the past :)
.
I hope that when we visit each other when we are old and gray that we still get to have sleep overs :)
.
Okay, now I shouldn't have said that because I start getting all sentimental and you always tell me I'm not a crier and I have to pretend to uphold that reputation. So, instead, let's go with something hard core corny graduation style: Alyssa, you wore that red and black with like total pride, aced those multiple choice tests with both eyes closed and OMG, go CF Tigers Class of 2009. [Insert class motto here].
.
The woman I've watched you become is amazing. And I feel completely blessed to have you as my sister. A place no one else will ever have in my heart.
I love you sister.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

yup, just as expected, I can't seem to read anything sentimental without crying. I love you sister.


--ps. you remember the time you had your daybed and i decided to raise the trundle bed and about five minutes after laying in silence half of it fell so my head was on the floor and my legs were in the air? and we couldn't stop laughing for like an hour.


--pps. (is that correct...pps. or pss?) the word verification for me to post this comment is mashool and for some reason i think you would think that was funny?